Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Home to Bukit Timah Stairmaster 3000

The initial plan was to meet Adrian and Eve at Rifle Range to do hill repeats around Rifle Range area, but due to a heavy downpour that hit island wide around 4-5am, that plan was canceled.

I hadn't had enough sleep actually, I only managed to get shut eye close to 2-3am so I was kinda happy about that. But then I remembered I had my hydration bladder in the freezer, if I hadn't used it today, it'll be a waste of 2 electrolyte tablets! So I called Neo to see if his initial plan to run at 6:30am was underway, it wasn't!

So I packed my stuff and passed his house, then headed to Dairy Farm where we bumped into Archer and his friend Colin who had already done 2 sets of stairs that morning.



My plan was just to do one set, Neo was training for TNF Hong Kong so his plan was to do three, as were Archer and co.




I think the lack of sleep (Just over 4 hours) made the climb super bad, suuuuuper bad! I was heaving throughout the way, it was worse than the last time I came, but then again I think the additional 5km from the house to Dairy Farm kinda killed it for me, I haven't ran training pace in awhile. -.-



The bonus came when it started to pour, finally some comfort!!! It didn't last long though, about 15 minutes? Then it was back to normal again =(

I left after the first loop, Archer and Colin were heading off for breakfast, while Neo packed up and left for his second set, I'd love to join but not today, body still in shock. Perhaps another time ah.

Overall a pretty solid run, just super tired. It's a public holiday, gosh I only remembered about it yesterday! Time to find stuff to do.














No comments: