Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Parent's Day Celebration @ Radin Mas...Among Other Things

So last Saturday evening, we met up with our uncle for another family gathering, this time however, we had it at a community club event which was something I haven't been to before.



Apparently it was Parent's Day and my uncle and aunt were regulars in a singing club at the CC, hence they were going to perform that evening.

I had prepared my camera to take photos of them for my own use, but while I was setting up, I got pulled aside by an elderly gentleman who requested for me to help him take some photos of a police event that was held at the main foyer, he must have thought I was hired to capture the celebration!

After a bit of confusion though, we sorted things out and I decided to help anyway, no hard right?




I had initially brought my flash along to take photos on stage but oddly enough, I found myself not using it during any of the performances, I think its cause I had difficulties working with its bounce, and without a diffuser, subjects appeared harsher than expected, so I turned up the ISO and hoped for the best.









I can't say I'm thoroughly happy with the photos, but they'll have to do. I really like the last photo a lot of my uncle bowing to the audience after his segment, I wished it was sharper though...








The food was pretty decent, the herbal chicken was my favorite...am amazed by the type of food they could cooked when I saw the condition of their cooking site, no photos unfortunately, but lets just say I didn't see as much equipment as I'd expect to see for the amount of food that was being churned out.






Anyway, it was great getting to meet my relatives again, the two nieces are all grown up, Raphael's birthday was on that actual day and he was looking cheerful. It's been awhile since we last met up (from Qing Ming Jie) and though we aren't a chatty bunch, family gatherings are always a plus in my book. =)

No comments: