Sunday, April 05, 2015

Taipei Day 5 - Breakfast & a Dog Cafe

Our trip to Taipei was coming to a close, and on the last day, apart from collecting the shirts I had made, our two agendas for the day included breakfast and a visit to a dog cafe which was quite a distance away from town.

Our second trip to Yonghe Dou Jiang was a lot more interesting, we ordered their soup, and a few other things apart from the omelet onion pancake which I had the first day.




Our next trip was someone near the end of the MRT line, and we found it by chance when Shufen was looking for cat cafes a few days back. Since we had time, I thought it'd make for a good trip considering she being a dog fan and everything.




Dogs, being naturally friendlier than cats, were really happy to have company at the cafe, unlike cats who would rather be left alone to mind their own business.

Food wise, I was pretty impressed with the steak, that was cooked tender and charred at the end, shiok!







All in all, the visit to the dog cafe was a worthwhile trip, and by the time we left, it was about time to head back to the hotel where we packed up and made our way to the Airport.

Overall, Taipei was a fun trip, I have to admit, there were some things I liked about Taipei, and some things I liked about Hong Kong...oddly enough I kinda appreciated the food in Hong Kong, sit-down cafes are something I preferred over street food...that said, the two treks in Taipei were worth it, even though the trip up was rather tough for me.

All in all, the 5 days spent were not wasted, a good trip indeed.

No comments: