Monday, May 12, 2014

Hong Kong Day 5 - Eating, Eating, More Eating...and Heading Home

So Day 5 in Hong Kong. Last day of my trip. Nothing special as well, though I was busy trying to clear the foods off my list which I wanted to eat.

The first stop in the morning was at the Australia Dairy Company which opened at 7:30am. I didn't want to face the crowd so I got there when they just opened. Awesome, no queue! Went right in and got a seat beside a couple of locals. 


With my incredible lack in the Chinese language, ordering consisted of me apologising to the rather kanchiong waiter and standing up to point at foods on other tables...it was hilarious and also amusing for some I'm sure. 

I did eventually get what I wanted though, macaroni and ham with eggs & toast. I know a lot of friends love and rave about Australia Dairy. I find the food good, but I guess I don't rave as much as I should be? 



I recalled Sin Ling, another runner who was quite a coffee fan, who came to HK awhile back for work and had difficulties finding a good place for some good java. I experienced the same thing while there, and decided to google a bit for a good spot to have a decent cup to drink.

I chanced upon The Coffee Academics and decided to give it a try.



The cool thing about this place is that they roast their own beans, so you know they must be pretty something.

I'm not huge on telling coffee apart, I blame it on the fact that I drink latte which kinda kills most of the flavor to begin with, but still, it was a decent roast and a good cup of coffee.


I decided to have a meal while there, that included soup, and oxtail stew with pasta which was pretty magnificent.





Overall The Coffee Academics was a pretty awesome place, I'd recommend those who intend to find good coffee in HK to give it a try, there are many other places as well, just do a little googling.

Next up was cheese noodles at Kimberly Road, this one was a recommendation from Hans previously and I had it the last time, but figured I might as well go at it again. I learnt from the C3 guys that there was a tomato noodles one floor down, but didn't go and explore due to lack of time.



My last trip before wrapping things up was to a skate shop near the hotel, where they carried Folken Kendamas. When I first saw a Folken Zero, I thought it was way cool, and decided to get one upon learning that it was available in HK.


Admittedly it's not my favorite playing Kendama, but it's unique for me to want and keep it....these toys are evolving pretty quickly that it's fun to see how they change during the next year or so.


Soon it was time to leave for Singapore. I dropped my luggage off at the airport express and slowly made my way via train to the terminals.

My last traditional meal would be the one at Saboten in the departure area. Their prices are way cheaper than that in Singapore but it seems they have risen it slightly. Still it was a good meal to end a 5 day long trip.



Hong Kong has been and always will be a fantastic place to visit. For now, I hope I've managed to close one chapter, and maybe next year I'll find another place to go instead.

So here ends my blog entry for my trip to dim sum land (as ultra runner Jacky Lee would put it).

Thanks for the memories. =)

No comments: