Apparently this is one of Hans's favorite joints and I've heard of it previously but never got around trying it out until this afternoon.
Seeing that I won't visit these places that often I decided to go all out and try a soup and vegan frank side order. The soup was like a good minestrone-ish kinda soup, so if you're a minestrone fan, this is pretty awesome, if you're not, it's still a good bowl of warm tomato-based soup. The franks were pretty decent too, they aren't salty like your proper chicken franks, but they held the texture pretty well.
I had two burgers, or rather more like shared them with Shu Fei, taking half a BBQ Burger and half a Hawaiian Teriyaki which came with a slice of pineapple to compliment the burger.
The reason for choosing these two burgers was cause the others were mainly deep fried soy patties, while the BBQ had a mushroom patty and the Hawaiian had a soy-based patty. Both patties were rather meaty, so you'd definitely feel like you're biting into something substantial...it sorta reminded me of a mock luncheon meat. The sauce for both burgers were pretty awesome though one of the biggest highlights to me were the buns, they weren't too filling, and very chewy, delicious!
Overall it was a pretty good experience eating at the place, honestly it's a tad pricey for vegetarian food but it's no ordinary vegetarian food for sure. =)








No comments:
Post a Comment