Saturday, November 23, 2013

Keeping Up With The Running Department


I first got word of the Running Department when I started seeing a few of my running friends on FB add a cool looking "Running Department" image on their facebook pages. I got curious a bit and later found out it was an up and coming running club that was recently formed which shared the same joys of running that the guys at NB runners shared.

I was pretty stoked about wanting to run with them at least once since a few people I knew like Steven Tan Fun Runner, Sin Ling, Eric and Jeremy were in it. So this morning, I dragged my butt out of bed and headed down to ECP to meet with them for their pacer training where they are the official pacers for this year's Standard Chartered Marathon.


Some of the NB runners were suppose to go as well but the rain kinda cancelled for them. I wasn't expecting RD to be there, and figured I'd just do my own run, but was pleasantly surprised when I saw a huge group mingling at the nearby shed.

I decided to give the 6:45min pacer group a try, running with a guy by the name of Eugene who told me more about the club. Joining us were also a few new runners, including a guy named Zhong and a lady named Priscilia. Both were new to running clubs and were enthusiastic about finding more about various clubs to run with. It was a good chat and a nice opportunity to meet new people while running, you could say I thoroughly enjoyed it despite the slight weather issues.





Run done, glad to have clocked some mileage this week, hoping to clock a bit more tomorrow.

No comments: