Monday, June 03, 2013

Acer Aspire R7 - A Laptop Design Concept I Wouldn't Mind Having

I hardly associate Acer with cool looking designs, but this one is pretty awesome if you ask me though not in a usual laptop kind of way.


The design is built on the concept that an OS is reliant enough on touch screen tech that it demotes the track pad to the back considering it as an after thought.

Cool...BUT at this point Windows 8 touch approach is good but not great enough for such an implementation.

I still think it's a good concept to look towards should computer OS manufacturers decide to one day create a touch screen experience that is clear of the mouse pad altogether.

If Apple's next gen OS can get touch screen tech well integrated, I honestly wouldn't mind a design concept similar to the R7 at all.

No comments: