Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Run, Pulled, Planked









Wanted to go for a slow run at 7+min/km but I ended up pushing it up to a fast one cause I realised I haven't done it in awhile. Think cause I haven't been pushing I've dropped my pace quite a bit, but still happy la.

Did 5 front planks and 2 side planks today, and managed 12 pull ups when I was almost thinking of quitting at 10.

I'm not sure why I factor pull ups into my routine, Colin did start it up quite awhile back during our weekend promenade runs, and since I guess I told myself if my running route ended near a pull up bar, I should at least keep it going. I think it's partly also due to the fact that back in Sec 1 I remember my max being 20 pull ups, and then being able to hit that mark again during NS. It's one of those "since you have it might as well keep it going" things perhaps? I'm not pushing to hit 20 again but at least try to maintain above IPPT standard...I noticed a lot of guys struggle with 2.4km and Pull Ups during IPPT so it's actually quite comforting to know that those two aren't my biggest struggles. On the other hand, standing board jumps are stupidly hard for me, they say its technique, but I guess I am forever trying to "catch ball" but fail.

The good news is cause of my slip disc, I no longer need to take part in annual IPPT, though I think I still try to maintain that level of standard cause honestly its quite fun (self indulgence really) knowing that you can out perform some of your camp officers. =P

No comments: