Monday, June 11, 2012

Lion's Mail Application

Changed from Snow Leopard to Lion yesterday and like Colin had mentioned, most of the things weren't huge upgrades, more aesthetics and a lot more signs of integration with iOS philosophy.

All's good, no doubt. Am enjoying the overall cleaner design despite the few exceptions (OMG iCal!).

The Conversations separator is a nice touch, very convenient for sorting through...well...conversations.


I am not fond of the mini preview though (centre portion)...initially I was turned off by the fact that the sender name is now in bold cause I used to related bold headers in Snow Leopard as unread messages. Turned out it took me just a few minutes to get used to it so that wasn't what irked me.

After a bit more time with it, I think the thing that irked me the most with the Lion Mail layout was that the text from the sender, topic, and preview are the same font size. Somehow the lack of varying font sizes made the preview section look like a jumble of text with lacked some form of order or hierarchy.

Ironically I think the iPad's mail app manages the preview section pretty well.


Then again I'm probably just being picky to change and with all changes, will eventually get use to or deal with it.

No comments: