Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Infant Swim Self Rescue - Floating to Survive

I never heard of it until I saw someone posted a video of a baby floating on water and got curious.

ISR is a lesson taught to toddlers in the event of a child falling into a pool and drowning. This is less common in Singapore but more so in countries where houses do come with pools at the back.

The training is apparently very effective, and well, patented.

The video below demonstrates how a baby can manage itself to stay afloat if it ever fell into a pool...mind you though this video can come across as pretty graphic, once I knew what was going on I was pretty calm, but still fearful, but at the same time I let out a burst of laughter at 0:45min which erm...isn't very appropriate of me. =(



I'll admit, the baby does look rather uncomfortable...

2 comments:

Colin Wan said...

Thats what my clients (aussie) do their babies. Just throw them into the pool. They say it is important for australians to learn how to swim.

Endruuu said...

looks scary though!