I wasn't intending to run today since I had been running consecutively for the past 3 days, so when I headed out for dinner, I wasn't expecting to end up riding to serene centre.
I'd been craving Filet O Fish for awhile, especially since the Double patty deal is out and I'm a sucker for double fish filets. So I took the bicycle out and was intending to head to the Macs at Beauty World to buy back dinner.
Upon reaching the cross junction towards Beauty World though, I realised I had only been cycling for 2 mins, and since I had the free time today, I decided to just keep going, and the next time I knew I was at Serene Centre another 20 minutes later! I didn't dare to go fast cause 1. My rear lamp is broken and 2. I had no safety gear.
I decided to check runkeeper on the way back to see how much ground I'd covered
As usual Runkeeper tracked really well on the bike run as compared to jogging, 5.62km meant I totaled about 11+km today, similar to a 2-2.4km run.
Time to distance to calories ratio though, running will still ultimately burn more calories in the shortest distance, in the shortest time, 24mins could have been a 4km run which would have burned more calories.
Thankfully today isn't a running day so this is more liks an additional bonus to my usual running routine.
Happy =)

No comments:
Post a Comment