Sunday, May 27, 2007

sMACk that!!!!!!!!

Hi guys!

Meet MAC!
Mac, Meet US!

YES!!!!!! I finally did it!!!!!!! I got around and convinced myself it was time to switch!!!!!!

No I'm not dumping PC though...no no no!!!!!!!! It's just that I don't game, thus what's the point with having a really powerful PC that doesn't come with all the multi-media goodies that's jam packed into a mac???

No with a MAC, I'm going NUTS with my little thingies inside, messing around with whatever software I find....yeah!!!!!!!!
I got it at a very good deal from a friend who had LOBANG(contacts) for such things. Colin!!! Thanks!

I guess I should introduce the people in the picture above just now.
Of the 6 of us, the 4 of us at the top are officially Mac Users!!!

The 2 at the bottom are Mac Enthusiasts!!!

YEAH x2!!!!!!!!!

I've been dying to get a macbook pro for ages, mainly because of the video editing functions, their just too good to not give it a try!!!

Also, not having to reformat a laptop every now and then due to viruses is a damn good plus point!!!

I'm sorry Lynnette!!! I know I said I'd wait till august for you to help me get one at student price at NUS, but "high tide in pants waits for no urinal".

Speaking of which, Nette's going to Yale for almost 2 months, and will be flying off tomorrow!!!

Thus I'll make an official announce:

You owe me a buffet dinner in my name!

Rules and Regulations for eating in Andrew Lin Yikai's name:

RULE #1 - No eating the entire day!!! Not eating for a day means more food during dinner time to dedicate to ME!

RULE #2 - No shitty food!!! Only the good stuff, and that means Lobsters, Prawns, Crabs, Shellfish, Fish, Beef, Chicken etc etc.....No bread!! Bread's cheap!!!

RULE #3 - Water??? Andrew don't drink water!!! Wine!! Preferably Desert Wine, the sweet stuff!!! Water is for sissies!!

RULE #4 - Every item on the plate will be yanked out with a fork, and raised up high into the air, above head level!!! This will be followed by a loud yell which goes something like this, "I, so & so, eat this (fish/clam/lobster etc) in Andrew's name!!!!!". After that, the food may then be placed in the mouth and chewed.

RULE #5 - Savor the damn food!!! Food not savored will be deemed wasted, and the process is to be repeated!!

RULE #6 - This process must be repeated with every item on the plate, and will not stop unless person drops dead, or gets kicked out of the restaurant for making a scene!!!

THERE...6 simple rules. =)

By the way here's some advice

Don't forget to clear your tray after you've eaten at a fastfood outlet, this isn't Singapore, you clear your own tray =)

Eat Krispy Kremes if you're a Donut Head.

Flush the toilet here and see which direction it spins, then flush the toilet in the states and see which direction IT spins.

Eat STEAK!!!

If locals tell you that your country is screwed up cause we ban chewing gum and cane foreigners who commit crimes in our country, just tell them we can drink beer on the streets and the police won't give a damn!

Don't drink TAP water!!!

Look the opposite direction which you would normally do here when you cross the roads, the cars come from the other side!

Shop at factory outlets!!!!!! Their alot cheaper!!!

Tip the waiters!!! It's customary to do so there!!! Ask the ppl there how much you should tip!!!

Bring the correct charger for your stuff, make sure your adapters are universal for both the voltage in Singapore and the states.

If you've got an ulcer from all the food, try ANBERSOL...just apply a lil on your lip, it'll go NUMB, it'll mess you up I swear!!! This thing is WEIRD!

Don't bother trying Nissin Cup Noodles there, it sucks!!!! They may be the same flavour, but they taste disgusting!!!

The dish referred to as "Singapore fried rice" is either fried rice with curry, or fried rice with chilli....nuts I tell you.

Yang Chou fried rice isn't fried rice with eggs, vegetables and char siew...it's eggs, vegetables and SPAM...yes SPAM...who the hell cooks Yang Chou fried rice with luncheon meat??

Try a road side hotdog, unlike Singapore where we have just the simple chicken frank, they've got pork and turkey franks as well......tastes alot better too. =)

If you're really craving oriental, Panda Express or Mcpies!!! Simple dishes though...kinda ex, but hey it's at a foodcourt so it's still cheaper!

But MOST IMPORTANTLY, enjoy yourself!!! And come back in one piece. =)

Wow look at the time, I gtg, you guys takecare now, cheers!

Andrew
:)

No comments: