Sunday, May 20, 2007

Flooded!!!

I haven't written my blog for just a week, and today, I've got tonnes to write!!!!!

Where can I start??? So much done in just afew days!!!

We'll start with Monday night when the guys and I were invited to Nikhil's house for dinner. Nikihl's(dude on the top right of the pic below) this guy in our camp who looks Eurasian and talks like one, but isn't. He does get called "ang moh" alot and doesn't seem to mind it these days.

Anyway.....dinner!!! Indian food!!!!!! Well....not all la, there was bbq chicken from their last night's dinner which they had too much to finish....and then the rest were indian dishes. =)
Sweet stuff huh???

We had Chappati(I CAN'T SPELL IT I'M SORRY!) which some of you may know is like this greyish looking prata-sort bread which u use to wrap food over...ok, think of it as another alternative to naan. =) I used to eat it as a kid and I love it!! It's dry, very dry though, and plain!!! So unlike prata, you really got to get into the curry and work it till you get as much meat or potatoes together to make the thing taste a whole lot better.

Alright, moving on!!!!

but not moving far....

MORE FOOD!!!!

Goota instant noodles to be precise!! Two different bowls to display!!!!



K I have to admit after eating afew of these for the past month I've beginning to realise that they all taste pretty much the same....not very fancy afterall. But the meat is still welcomed anytime, and not to mention the noodles..oh the noodles are so damn good!!!!!! I guess that's what really separates Japanese instant noodles from the rest.

Right......let's stray away from food for awhile and move on to something else......but we'll be back!!!!

These curious looking earbuds are called Mylarone X3s...in Singapore however, to make things simple since there are 3 different models, we just refer to them as mylarthrees, while the other two models are mylarone and mylar...yeah you figured it.

Now why would I even be thinking about mentioning these earphones when I already have a set of Shure E4G which cost like, $499 at retails stores(I bought mine for $350, can't stop boasting about it!)?? Cause these perform NEARLY as close to these $499 babies, and better yet, their only going at $65!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!! $65!!!!!!

YES IT'S CHEAP!!!

Well...cheap if you're talking about sound quality that usually sticks in prices ranging about $150!!!

I love them! plus they come with a one year warranty so should they get damaged you can send them back to get them replaced!!! Their currently only available at Jaben over at Adelphi, go check it out, it's the top floor at the opposite side of the escalator...look for the shop with lots of ppl crowding inside and that'd be the one. =)

They have alot more bass than my E4Gs although they don't sound as "tight"...there's also this hollow sound which some may like, I'm fine with it really...feels abit echo-ey at times though.

They are alot better than my Shure E3Cs though, which still cost more than 3 times the price of the Mylarthrees.

I don't really count these as "entry-level" in ear moniters, despite the price, their way beyond entry level.

Do take the time to check your mylarthrees at the shop when you purchase them though......QC's abit bad, but who's complaining when you get a year's warranty and a cheap price???

So there.........now back to food!!!!!!

Laksa!!!!! I've been craving it this whole week for some reason I don't know why!!!! So I took the opportunity when I was down in bugis this Sunday afternoon and headed down to the stall near Simlim Square to have a bowl of my favourite type of laksa, Katong laksa!

K so bugis isn't anywhere near katong...but ever since the place started to franchise out you can get them almost anywhere.....I'll be honest though, some of the establishment suck big time, but this one, NOOOOOO WAY. =)

I don't really eat cockles(they smell...and taste weird!!!)...but for some reason I forgot to ask the auntie to remove it from the mix and so I ended up with them....unlike this other time where I asked this uncle at Queensway shopping mall to remove them and he forgot and left them in.

Anyway..what I'm saying is I ate the cockles that time at Queensway, and this time at Bugis. The verdict??? The cockles at bugis are not chewy like the ones at Queensway...they have a bouncy-kinda-texture which I'm assuming, means that the cockles are fresh........so there, the ones serve at Bugis should taste better if you're a cockle nut.

As usual, the stall here serves really good katong laksa, and just beside it is a wanton noodle stall as well incase you're not in the mood for laksa.
Phew! So much to type, but so little time!!! I guess I'm going to leave two less interesting things out of the post since I've got no more time left. You guys have a great week ahead.

Cheerios!

Andrew
:)

No comments: