Sunday, April 29, 2007

RANT

K first of all, I'm gonna rant about how I damaged my handphone the other day resulting in it not being able to turn on.

I sent it in for repairs yesterday and was told that the data inside might be erased during hte process...MY PHONE BOOK!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =(

Other than that, it also means that there's no photos for this entry...*bleah!*

Anyway on to other rants.......

WHAT IS IT WITH PEOPLE THESE DAYS???????!!!!!

What has happened to us? Have we become sadistic creatures that receive pleasure from other ppl's pains???

Why do we blog about being happy that someone has drowned and why the hell do we take videos of us fighting and bullying ppl, then posting it on the net??? Why do we engage in stripping our friends, slap them and take videos from them, then try to extort money through it??? Why the hell do we pose as gas repairmen, just to enter people's houses, violate them and steal their things??

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE???

What causes this sadistic desire????

It seems to me that more and more ppl, especially the younger generation, and less aware of the consequences for the things they do these days.

Don't we have empathy anymore??? What happened to feeling what it's like to be in "someone else's shoes"???

I remember when I was young, we were taught by parents and teachers right from wrong, and one of the common phrases I would hear all the time regarding certain immoral issues were "what if u were in his/her position??? how would you feel???"

These words have been drilled deep into my skull since young...and although it isn't used all the time, that question comes out every now and then, especially when dealing with bigger matters. The same goes for alot the the older generation(DAMN I SOUND OLD!)...where everyone was told that actions lead to consequences, and that before you do something to others, think about how you'd feel if it were to be done to you.

The newer generation seems to have grown up with a different concept towards life..."who cares? as long as it's not me".

Why? Have we stopped teaching the "actions and consequences" mental to kids??? Or is there something bigger that we're missing out on?

I'm not blaming teachers or parents regarding this matter, like I said, I don't know what it's like to be in your shoes, neither do I know if you were the cause...but it just sickens me that people do enjoy such disgusting pleasures....ARGH!!!

I remembered when I was in BMT back in Tekong, I had a recruit who was also out of course, who loved abusing animals. I remember he would talk non-stop to me about how he wanted to kick the stray dogs which roamed the island...or how he wished he could take a kitten and hold it under water just to see it struggle...SICK!!! That's what I told him...

How does one learn to teach responsibility to their kids??? How does one influence their kids to be a "protector" and not an "abuser" when they grow up???

My youngest brother, he's just 15 this year, and although not as extreme as the sadists I've mentioned above, he also has very little empathy for people...unable to feel for things around him....he's not a sadist don't get me wrong, I love my brother, he's not the "bad-boy" sort, it's just that empathy should be practiced often, no matter what sort of character you are.

We've advanced so much in terms of ethics that falling back now would only mean the failure.

I do pray that we'll see lesser of such acts in future and that people can learn something from these Newpaper articles and hopefully end such foul acts in future.

Sigh.

Andrew

No comments: