Sunday, January 27, 2013

Terry Fox Run 2013

Since I first heard about it, I've always wanted to participate in the Terry Fox Run. It was one of the first few running events I've heard about, and though back then I wasn't really into running, Terry's motivation to run for cancer research was quite inspiring, and it made me want to be a part of it some what.

Finally after 28 years, I managed to turn up at East Coast Park this morning to support a cause I've been wanting to support for the longest time.



Running or walking the 5km or 10km routes was just part of the highlight during the event. After the run, cookies were served, so was Starbucks coffee, Iced Milo, Bananas, and ice cold water! You can say there was enough snacks to go around, everyone were certainly having a good time!

















Naturally, you can see from the pictures, everyone had an enjoyable time at the run. You could say I'd definitely want to participate in next year's event again. For $25, you get a nice Terry Fox top to take home, and the money you've given will be donated to charity in support of a good cause. 

I'm already looking forward to the next one! =)

No comments: