Sunday, January 27, 2013

Art Stage Singapore 2013

Babe got us tickets to Art Stage on Saturday and so Alron, Hannee, and I took the opportunite to wander around the annual major art event to check out some of the most sought after art in the world, right in the heart of MBS.

It was my third time visiting the show and while I have little memory of last year's Art Stage (cause I was busy with SAAP), I thought this year's selection of works being sold were alright. One of the highlights were Philippe Pasqua's "Crane" which is the skulls n butterflies series. I thought they were majestic and really cool, but at the same time very mainstream and gave me the impression that some artists feel "so long as it's big, it's going to wow the audience"...it was impressive I'll give you that, just not feeling it.

There were other highlights too from the show, and I not being familiar with artists and their works, am not able to tell you whose works I kinda liked. Here's some I took which I did enjoy looking at though. =)



















No comments: