Monday, November 19, 2012

Surfs Up - November Bike Ride


It's been hanging for a long time now and finally, after much discussion, we finally managed to hook up for a bike ride in November.

I looked back and realised I had indeed been on trail some time in June, but that was with Winston, Chee Ho, Elvin and his girlfriend. (Link)

Our trail of choice after the hiatus? Bukit Timah! Personally this is the second toughest track in Singapore, the first being Ubin...so it's technically not located IN Singapore...but you know what I mean.



I think it was my first time doing two rounds in Bukit Timah...I realised going for a second round is just a mental barrier...it wasn't that hard, and easier than the first lap.

The rain the night before helped make the ride more interesting, though I think most of us would have welcomed rain in the midst of the ride to make things 10 times more fun!







I had accidentally turned my Runkeeper off midway and hence didn't get proper records...we totaled about 12km today, 2 rounds in about 2 hr 45min or so...slower than running a trail...but the thing about Bukit Timah is that it's really about technique, not strength...an I obviously lacked technique in getting pass some of the harder portions of the route.


Our main objective of riding wasn't just about the thrill of the ride though, when it comes to Bukit Timah, it was the thrill of the after-ride special that made it fun as well...makan time at Al Azhar!

Murtabak was the first order of the day, followed by Naans and butter chicken! I would've ordered palak paneer but I don't think it was a popular choice with the riders, in face Andy was so obsessed with butter chicken, we ordered a total of 4 servings!!!




Overall Sunday morning was well spent...we chionged the hills, had a good meal, I spent the next half an hour washing my bicycle which was admittedly very therapeutic...

Great ride, looking forward to more rides to come!

Photo courtesy of Andy

2 comments:

Colin Wan said...

Why u no suggest palak paneer yesterday? =(

Endruuu said...

U wanted??? Haha, aiyah, damn I was actually craving it too!!! Thought it was more of a Tier 0 preference so did not order...oh well, next time!