Monday, November 19, 2012

Affordable Art Fair 2012 - Great, But Last Year's was Better

I got tickets from Valerie who was given extras, and she invited me to go take a look at this year's pieces on sale at the Affordable Art Fair.

I have to admit, I kinda liked the one in 2011 more than this year's collection, and the two storey layout for this year wasn't to my liking, I preferred walking down the long aisle instead of having to cut down a flight of stairs which looked bare and empty, a stark contrast from the liveliness of the fair.

Saw a few familiar faces and venders, even managed to chat with Terence Teo of the Cape of Good Hope. =) A few pieces from the Sovereign Asian Art Prize candidates were for sale, so it was good to see that their art is still going places and that SAAP has been a good stepping stone for the newer artists to promote themselves.

The affordable art fair is a great place for people who want to get started in art collecting, but not only that, it can be a good place for high end collectors to get a good steal, look for up and coming artists, and just appreciate art regardless of price or stature...personally, I'm not there yet when it comes to money for art collection, but it was good just hanging around and getting to see them.


Overall it was a nice experience but am personally hoping they'll bring back the 2011 layout for next year instead of a two storey feel.

Check out some of the works I kinda liked at the show =)




















No comments: