Monday, December 09, 2013

Three Days in Kuala Lumpur - A Tier 0 Affair

Another year, another trip to KL for food. Hans couldn't join us this time cause he was down with a bad infection and Hwee kept him company throughout this time (awww).

Really wished they were up with us but I guess there's always a first for everything eh?

So where do I start?

The Food

The reason why we even bother packing our bags and going to KL year after year, even if it's just for a little while.

The usual choices we had were Ngau Kee Beef Noodles, Wonton Noodles, Krispy Kremes, and Meng Kee Char Siew though the one we had this time round was a bit cold.











After trying Madam Kwan during my July trip, it was a second round this time with the Tier at the place, I think the Nasi Lemak is really good, the curry that came with it was awesome, though on a whole I'd still pick PNL as my all time favorite.




Other additional highlights we managed to find included Wong Kee Roast Meats which has the best roast pork I've had to date, I hardly eat roast pork cause its really fatty and I'm not a fan of chewing into rubbery chunks of fat, but I'd give this place an exception, so delicious!






One gem we finally managed to find while in KL was A&W!!! After much digging, we got the address and took a cab down just for this, talk about dedication!




We were told about Mongolian BBQ as something we should try, it was good on a whole, though very similar to lok-lok, in fact I think it's just an extension of lok lok which started out as just dipping food into water, later on advancing to deep frying, and now BBQ.









We definitely had plenty to eat during our time in KL, the 3 day trip resulted in a lot of eating (and overeating) but it was well worth it. =)

The Sights

Having brought the Olympus OM-D E-M1, I figured it was only natural to make the most of it, what's the point of carrying a camera and not use it eh? I hope to do better but these are some of the photos I like from the trip.

















I am beginning to understand what they mean by "Olympus Colors", they really do stand out, I love them! Though admittedly I still get itchy backside and post process some of the colors.

The in-built filters are really fun to play with though from the above photos, only the sepia tone of the Christmas Carolers were off-camera, the black and white was post processed.

The photo of the water meter is one of my favorites, no processing necessary, loving the colors!

The People

A trip wouldn't be a trip with the right people would it? Though Hannee couldn't make it, they were with us in spirit, and via Whatsapp with their various recommendations (Thanks for the chocolate danish suggestion!).












And Lastly

Mainly cause I have no idea where to catogorize this, here are some pictures of Al busting a few moves at the airport while waiting for our flight back. The first photo is my favorite, straight out of camera!!!





One Last Surprise from Google's "Auto Awesome" Feature

This came unexpected, I received a notification from my phone that one of the uploads has been "auto awesomed" by Google+...apparently in preparations for the holidays! (Link)


Lol, damn cheesy can? Happy Holidays everyone. =)

No comments: