Sunday, September 01, 2013

Army Half Marathon 2013

By far the most surprising run I've had this year so far.

I hardly join races mainly cause I'm a "cheapo" runner, it's hard justifying running 21km in an event when a trail run from MR to Dairy Farm and back is essentially the same distance.


Timing has never really bothered me much, but since I was doing AHM this year due to the price, I decided maybe I should try and break my 2 hour barrier. My last 21km at 2XU was slightly over the 2 hour mark and I was telling myself I just wanted to break sub 2 and call it a day.


You can say breaking sub 1hr45min was even more surprising for me, a pleasant one of course. I hadn't been sleeping well and was genuinely worried about the run, even 10 minutes before the flag off, I found myself at the corner inside the waiting pen squatting and closing my eyes to get some rest.


Along the way, I did manage to meet up a few other runners, Colin, Calvin, Uncle Chua, Neo, Kee Wee, Soon Teck, Nicholas, Sky, Arnel, Jasmine Tay, the Newton Runners and many others. Brought the camera along and snapped a few but didn't hang around for too long.














Overall AHM 2013 was a wonderful experience, I still do not like the idea of waking up at 3 in the morning to prepare for a run, but at least this one was worth the trip.

No comments: