Monday, May 13, 2013

Energizer Night Trail 2013 Results


Really satisfied with my race timing, I did not know I'd be able to go below 6min at the trails and I'm pretty glad I did.


I was initially hesitating on whether to go fast, I figured if the rest did a slow pace, I'll follow suit, but when Colin made a dash for the side path and Calvin and Al did as well, I tagged along, and after the 1st 1.5km, when there was a really long downhill descend, I decided to see how far I'd go at that pace.

Admittedly I did stop to walk at the last hill clim, it wasn't easy, worse part was I couldn't see the end point cause it was too dark so I mentally gave up nearing the last 50-100m of the climb. Come the downhill though I picked up speed again, and when I saw the ending point I was so happy that it was coming to an end.


The rest of the guys did very good too, with all of us hitting below the top 15% of the runners that attended...wicked!


I think among the 4 of us, Al had spent more time sorting his outfit for the run, one last tribute to Mr Fergie, which looked good, there was only one other Man U jersey there and it was some pirated copy. I was contemplating on a brighter top but got lazy at the last minute.

Overall it was a good run, my legs are sore but I'm satisfied. =)

2 comments:

AL said...

eh... you wanted to PB don't need to use us as an excuse lor. not sure about the other 2 but I was on the sidewalk just to overtake the leisure walkers

Endruuu said...

Want to credit you guys for the motivation leh! Besides whatever pace I took would be pb since I've never raced trail before =P