Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Overly Sized Green Men

Tuesday evening, I found myself heading down to Boonlay to meet up with Cheng and two large green army regulars whom I've worked with for almost 2 years when I was in the army.
I haven't been to Jurong West in ages, and Jurong Point's new extension is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE, I mean, I saw it briefly the last time round but I never really walked around it until today...and almost got lost!
Anyway dinner ended up at the Rong Guan BBQ Seafood Restaurant, it was Cheng's treat, so thanks alot sergeant!!!!!!! =)
Back when I was working in Black Angus, would always take 75 home from work and it'll pass this place which is situated at the Mowbray camp at the junction between clementi and the road to Ngee Ann Poly. I never got to try the food before, until today. Apparently it's pretty hype, and the food was quite good.
Some of the dope stuff included Prawn Paste Chicken Wings...
...and their Herbal Chicken.

To be honest though, after eating for awhile, all the items just brought me back to the Dinenr at JB...their famous beggers chicken, despite the mud and stuff, tasted pretty similar to the local Herbal Chicken...so really then...what's so special?

Price perhaps?
Anyway it's great to catch up with some of the other guys from camp as well, Yap is now working and studying at the same time at SIM while Peter's into computers programming, and has grown a long lock of hair...which reminded me of World Yo-Yo Champion Tyler Severance.

What was made funnier though, was when the lady came up from behind us to order drinks, and asked what the "Lady" at the table would like to order and we burst out into laughter.
Anyway it was great catching with both Master Ho and Ronald, the married-with-kids Ah Beng and the loud-mouth machine gun.

Dinner was great, company was awesome.

Hopefully we could do this again =)

No comments: