Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dining out

On Thursday night, I headed out with my family for dinner to celebrate Junyan's birtday as well as a sorta farewell dinner before he left for Aussie today (Friday) at around 4pm.
Since my brother was craving a lil bit of xiao long bao, we headed for Crystal Jade at Holland Village to eat. I'm not really into Crystal Jade though, except I intend to try that steamboat buffet thingy Xinn talked about before. But that day we didnt and I wasn't really hungry so I just snatched off whatever the rest were munching on.
Oddly though, they ended up just ordering one basket of 5, when we had about 6 people at the table =\
Other stuff included some cold duck dish and mapo tofu, which tasted different but honestly I preferred the classic style.
My dad got some fried rice dish which had nuts and ikan bilis and what not. It turned out bigger than what he had expected so we ended up munching his portion as well.
I found it rather plain, but my dad seem to like it though, anything rich in texture works for him nowadays that he can't taste much. Sad though, I hope never to end up finding food tasteless one day =(

Anyway Junyan left this afternoon already. I couldn't see him off cause I was busy with the Super Yo-Yo details finalizing some stuff, but I guess it's one of those things where I'm pretty confident he'll do fine there so there wasn't really any need to go see him off, a quick chat over the phone was all it took =)

Suddenly it seems like not going to the States was a good thing. At least more money can be channeled towards his education instead since he needs to fly over, I don't think it'll be good having my parents spend too much money on me when I've still got two more siblings who also need to further their education.

Guess maybe in future then I'll go overseas and experience living outside of Singapore. For now, char kway teow remains one of my top few reasons for not leaving this little red dot.

No comments: