Monday, June 29, 2009

Bacardi Martini

So Saturday in between the two noodle trips, I had to head down to Clarke Quay for the Bacardi Martini Grand Prix 2009 to support Shahmil, Boyan and Ogy who were competing that night at the finals.
I haven't had the time to meet them or go down to China 1 to visit cause I was busy with school, plus I haven't been that much of a clubber in quite awhile. So it was kinda good meeting them at CQ for their finals.
UNLV Students were there too, some from the Hotel Association while some were invited by Uncle Yu Siong, who was judging the event that night! =)
Don't see him like a friendly old chap, he's got a reputation behind his belt, this guy was the former president of the Association of Bartenders and Sommeliers!!!
Apparently Glenn was there as the MC for the event, Jean Danker was there too at the bottom enjoying the show, I'm guessing their together now? I'm not sure, could be wrong...celebrity flings are just sth I don't really follow.

I couldn't take a lot of good photos though, the place was dark.........like...DARK!!! I had ISO 1600 on and it still wanted 1 second exposure times when taking certain photos...I had to resort to photoshopping some of the stuff to get them all bright and......er......grainy. I think looking back at the album, it was full of bad pics, nth to separate the DSLR from your compact camera.
I like this last picture though, more so cause of the expression on the faces of the bartenders. Winners that night were Ogy (Top middle), Shahmil(Extreme right) and Max (Extreme Left) coming in as third place.

I took video footage, will see when I have the time to upload them. For now gotta work on SYYC stuff first.

No comments: