Sunday, February 22, 2004

So I got pissed........like......REAL PISSED.......



Was I in the wrong? Or should I have just let it go???

So it started out like.....yesterday when I got a call from my friend who owns an R/C shop(for those of you who havn't got a clue, R/C = Radio Control Cars/Planes/Boats/Donkeys.....er....forget the Donkeys) asking me if I was going over later as they were gonna take their equipment out for a ride and needed someone to mess with the camera...but it was late and I was tired so I gave it a passed and suggested Sunday Morning instead, which was agreed upon.

So like.....today at around 8 I gave him a call once more to confirm if Sunday was still on, and he was positive about it, but had to leave around noon so he doubt he could do much the filming of his car for the second vid. So here's where I suggested I head for his shop tonight to stay over so that we could wake up early the next morning to get the car filmed.

I finished work at 10pm, made a rush home to take my camera and car, then took a cab from the west to the east side of Singapore just to reach his shop.

So there I was with two other guys who were prolly staying over as well, and everything was going fine until the shop owner asked if I could lend him my set of wheels for his car for the filming as his were worn out. Anyway they weren't and I explained that his could still handle alot more before they died out on him, plus I needed my set too cause I didn't bring my car all the way down just to let it sit at one side and watch the rest play......but he insisted that he needed the wheels cause he KNEW that his were going real soon......so I suggested that I find him an alternative.

THIS IS WHERE IT GETS UGLY

Like......so I could make him a set, I told him, with the raw materials he had and before I could continue a word, he laughs, telling me that it's impossible, that cutting the wheels alone were not precise....so I asked him if he had like, taken it to the nearest hardware store and prolly ask the uncle if he could cut the darn tyres for him and his reply was "do you think the hardware store has a dremel to cut the tyres????"....my response was like "we could try asking right?" and his response went something like "cannot larh....you think it's that easy meh???".

So I suggested that he could try using his own tools in his shop and try to cut the tyre out, it may not be as precise as machine-cut materials, but it should play.....his reply was the same.....followed by him opening his cupboard of tools one by one to prove to me that there was nothing he could use to cut anything that precise.

After which he continued "Aiyah, you scared I spoil your car issit? what's there to be scared about? I'm just wanting to take the wheels off urs and put it on mine.....isn't it that easy? if it spoils I'll replace you one larh, that easy" Ofcourse the real reason, which I did tell him, was that I wanted to play as well(well DUH), plus not to mention I WAS trying to look for an alternative, it's not like I was being plain selfish or anything.

He suddenly continues, "Aiyah......I really think u are scared that I spoil your tyres issit??? "....like, WTH??? DID I SAY THAT??? So I told him that I'll figure out and see if I could try and at least cut abit of his piping to get him a tyre, and he's like "Aiyoh.....I tell u already, cannot one larh!!!!!" with his usual I-am-better-than-you tone.....which ticked me off.....so I went sawing away, I didn't care if the tyres came out right or wrong, I just wanted to do something to avoid listenning to his crap. I got so pissed I just hacked and saw away until the tyres came out wrong, I didn't care......I didn't wanna care....I was just pissed that my helpful suggestions were not taken into serious thinking and instead was met with the usual "Cannot one I try already!!!" response which I have heard from him many times......so even if you have tried "everything" at least u could gimme some suggestions still right? What's with the whole short-breath laughters and shaking of head, scrunching of face look when I am TRYING TO HELP YOU HERE????

After 2 hrs in his shop, I have had it....I threw away the badly cut tyres, packed my stuff, and got out of the shop and took at cab home, I was so furious I had forgotten to lock my locker and had left two of my battery packs back at the shop.

So what do you think?? Should I have done that? or not??? Trust me it felt bad that I had done it, infact I still feel terrible.....but was I gonna just sit there and surrender to his comments, and hide in a shell or something??? So I seldom get pissed, but tonight was a total waste of my time.....trying to do as much help as possible by spending over $15 there by cab and carrying all my stuff along, and sleeping on the shop's bench instead of my nice soft mattress at home, not to mention to offer some help and suggestions to fix his tyre problem, all this only for WHAT? To get shot back with remarks as though I'm stupid???

The shop owner's an ok person, I seriously have no problems with him, and I know his style and knew he was that sort of person, and normally I would waive it off if he gave comments like that.....but today really tore me bad...I couldn't tolerate the way he belittled me that day....it was a last straw, after all I had intended to do.

So some of you might say "It's just a bunch of toy cars"......maybe it was to some of you, to some extend I too feel there are some things not worth fighting over when it came to stuff like these....but then again I wasn't upset over the car, never was, I was upset with his attitude towards me.....so was I in the wrong??? I know I should have probably reasoned with him.....then again if u have read u would know that i sorta did....I don't know......tonight was just a horrible night.....I hate it.....I totally wasted my time....and I spent alot of money on traveling there and back today...what luck....

I'm tired......I don't wanna talk about it anymore, I think this rant it long enough.....I need sleep.

Sorry this isn't a HAPPY post like I normally do.....so I'll like.....at least end it with a smile k?

Hope you guys are not feeling as low as I am today...

Andrew(really got ticked of tonight) Lim Yikai

erm...look at the bright side, at least some of you out there reading this would probably go "Wow, and I thought I had a bad day, after readng this, I feel better already!! WHEE!!!!"....heh heh......=)

No comments: